Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fairness. . .Oct.4, 2010


So, a sociology student stopped by our apartment the other day and asked me if I would take a survey for her. I said sure and the first question on the survey said, “Do you think fairness is important?” I checked “yes” –I mean who doesn’t think it’s important to be fair and treat people equally? Then I had to laugh out loud when I saw the next question: “Do you use fairness creams?” Anyhow, I definitely don’t use fairness creams unless you count sunblock. The rest of the survey was about various social discrimination issues in India. I did my part to further social science research for the day. It’s an interesting feeling being the minority here. I really don’t like standing out quite so much. I feel like I’m always being stared at everytime I go out—especially with my three blonde boys. My boys cheeks get pinched a lot. Ty’s little chubby cheeks seem to be everyone’s favorite. Sometimes I just wish I could put on a sari and blend in with all of the other women, but I have a feeling that would make me stand out even more. I’ll have to do it one of these days though. Sari’s rock. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sari

No comments:

Post a Comment